10 Things: December EditionDecember 21, 2023
1. Subway Footlong Chocolate Chip Cookie Subway will be offering a footlong chocolate chip cookie to go along with your sandwich available nationwide in early 2024. On December 4, National Cookie Day, patrons of certain Subways got a bite of the footlong cookie before anyone else at select shops in Chicago, Dallas, Miami, and New York. | Food & Wine
2. Shaker & Spoon Gingerbread Cocktail Syrup is like “winter in a bottle” with tastes of baking spices, ginger, cinnamon sticks and sugar. It can be used to spice up an old fashioned, latte or even your favorite tea. | Food Network
3. Pizza Hut “Reverse Delivery” To say 'thank you' to delivery drivers during the busiest time of the year customers can order the new "Reverse Delivery" doormat. The doormat features a code that scans directly to shopatpizzahut.com where any delivery driver can redeem a gift card code from Pizza Hut while supplies last. | PR Newswire
4. Toasty Vanilla M&M’s are a limited-edition candy made with creamy vanilla-flavored white chocolate, coated in brown, white and vanilla shells. The sweet treat can be used to bake or decorate cookies, brownies and more or to dress up any holiday candy dish. | M&Ms
5. Trader Joe’s Italian Tiramisu features layers of mascarpone cheese and ladyfinger biscuits soaked in a combination of coffee and Marsala wine. The package comes with two individual tiramisu that just need to be thawed. | Sporked
6. Goldfish Crisps are the first snack in Goldfish’s history made with potato. The snack is larger than the traditional Goldfish and come in three flavors, Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar, Salt & Vinegar. | Food Dive
7. Digornut Digornot Pizza and Doughnut Mashup is a savory treat described as "a delicious donut, stuffed with mozzarella cheese, topped with signature DiGiorno sauce, even more cheese and decked out with your favorite pizza toppings." | Food & Wine
8. Guy Fieri Flavortown Meals features the celeb chef’s best dishes now available at Walmart. The frozen meal options include the Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Bowl, Sloppy Joe Mac & Cheese, Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna and Sweet and Sour Pork. | Food & Wine
9. Almond MALK Holiday Nog is a limited-edition 100% organic vegan holiday nog. The creamy beverage contains only 60 calories per serving and 5 simple ingredients with no additives, gums, oils or fillers. | Food Network
10. Herbs Increase on Menus Herbs grew 12% on menus from Q4 2019-Q4 2022. Incorporating herbs like micro cilantro, basil leaves and dill not just as garnishes but also in sauces, dressings, and finishing oils can elevate menu items, offering a burst of freshness. Mintel notes this as a trend to watch. | Mintel
You deserve more. Let’s get started.
What does true partnership look like? You deserve a flavor partner ready to turn these trends into the tangible.
Let FONA’s market insight and research experts get to work for you. Translate these trends into bold new ideas for your brand. Increase market share and get to your “what’s next.” Our technical flavor and product development experts are also at your service to help meet the labeling and flavor profile needs for your products to capitalize on this consumer trend. Let’s mesh the complexities of flavor with your brand development, technical requirements and regulatory needs to deliver a complete taste solution. From concept to manufacturing, we’re here for you — every step of the way.
Contact our sales service department at 630.578.8600 to request a flavor sample or contact us at www.fona.com/contact-fona