10 Things: January EditionJanuary 26, 2024
1. Burt’s Bees Flavored Ranch Flavored Lip Balm What started as an April Fool’s Day joke ended up as a real-life product popular enough to sell out in a day. Burt’s Bees launched a set of lip balms meant to taste like a basket of chicken wings, featuring four flavors: buffalo sauce, crunch celery, fresh carrot, and Hidden Valley Ranch. | CNN Business; Burt’s Bees
2. Nasty Beast Monster Energy Hard Tea Monster Energy Monster Energy is debuting Nasty Beast, a line of hard iced tea beverages that come in three flavors: Original, Tea + Lemonade and Green Tea. The product follows the energy drink brand’s first hard beverage launch of The Beast Unleashed in 2023. | Food Dive
3. Taco Bell Cinnamon Twists Cereal Taco Bell and Uber Eats launched Cinnamon Twists Cereal, inspired by the fast-food chain’s cinnamon twists, crispy puffed corn twists sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. The cereal was released in select cities including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami and Dallas. | USA Today; Taco Bell
4. Peanut Butter Oreo Cakesters feature peanut butter flavor crème filling between two chocolate cakes. These are a soft-baked twist on the classic sweet treat that will be a permanent addition to Oreo products. | Oreo
5. Heinz Pickle Ketchup marries the classic flavor of its original ketchup with a tangy pickle flavor. The product caters to consumer interest – a recent Datassential report cites that 73% of Americans report that they enjoy the taste of pickles. | Food & Wine; Heinz
6. Trader Joe’s Egg Salad After taking a brief hiatus from their refrigerators, Trader Joe’s Egg Salad is making a comeback with a new look and recipe. Each batch is made with cage-free, hard cooked eggs mixed with mayonnaise and tangy Dijon mustard. | Trader Joe’s
7. Yoplait Protein contains 15 grams of protein and 3 grams of sugar per serving. The line features a variety of flavors including Vanilla, Strawberry, Mixed Berry, Strawberry Banana, Peach, Cherry, Strawberry Cheesecake and Key Lime Pie. Yoplait is targeting consumers who prefer the original Yoplait texture as opposed to the “slightly sour, chalky taste” of other protein-packed yogurts.| Food Dive
8. Modern Plant Based Foods Vegan Kaviar is available in Salmon, Wasabi and Beluga flavors. The seaweed-based product is crafted with purely plant-based ingredients, and each flavor is designed to replicate the texture and nuanced flavors of conventional caviar. It is also an affordable alternative to traditional, high-cost caviar. | Modern Plant Based Foods; Newswire
9. Hormel Chili Cheese Brew Inspired by its chili cheese dip, Hormel collaborated with Modist Brewing Co. to create a Chili Cheese Brew. The lager contains barley malt and flaked corn for a chip-like base, along with spices and cheddar cheese powder to mimic the chili dip flavor. The limited-time beverage is offered in four packs for $24. | Food Dive
10. Kraft Singles New Flavors Kraft Singles released new cheese slice flavors for the first time in nearly a decade. The brand launched three new flavors: Jalapeno, Garlic & Herb, and Caramelized Onion. Previously, the brand offered only two flavors: Sharp Cheddar and Pepper Jack. | Food Dive
You deserve more. Let’s get started.
What does true partnership look like? You deserve a flavor partner ready to turn these trends into the tangible.
Let FONA’s market insight and research experts get to work for you. Translate these trends into bold new ideas for your brand. Increase market share and get to your “what’s next.” Our technical flavor and product development experts are also at your service to help meet the labeling and flavor profile needs for your products to capitalize on this consumer trend. Let’s mesh the complexities of flavor with your brand development, technical requirements and regulatory needs to deliver a complete taste solution. From concept to manufacturing, we’re here for you — every step of the way.
Contact our sales service department at 630.578.8600 to request a flavor sample or contact us at www.fona.com/contact-fona